LAKESIDE CHURCH OF THE BRETHREN

This church was north of the Lakeside School, on the east side of the road.
The first church was the Stiverson Church, built at Liberty Bond. As families moved north to the Camas Prairie area, another church was built and completed in 1909 and called the Lakeside Church.
Attending families were the Castles, Andersons, O'Neals, Quesenberry.
Sometime in the 1920's the church was disbanded and membership transferred to the Yakima church.
The Lakeside church fell apart and in 1960 it was burned by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife.
LINKS
http://orwahist.rothweb.com/Stiverson%20Church%20History.htm
and
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vafloyd/pioneersettlersfromfloydcounty.htm

Comments

Add a comment

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!

  •  

Photo info

Random image

Popular tags