MAC'S TAVERN

Recognize this building?
In 1933 this was Mac's Tavern. I don't know if this was taken before or after the town fire which swept through part of Glenwood, July 20, 1933. This building was saved.
Later the MacMillans changed the name to the Highlands. Lloyd MacMillan, wife Nellie and three children arrived in Glenwood around 1930.

Standing in front are Ernie Geiger and Bernard Pollard. Ernie owned the cheese factory which was totally destroyed by the fire. Bernard Pollard was a school teacher, White Salmon postmaster and editor of the White Salmon Newspaper. He married Gertrude Wyers.
Click on the photo to learn more. Thanks to Jeffrey Elmer for gathering the information about the fire.

Comments

Add a comment

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!

  •  

Photo info

Random image

Popular tags

  • 2 photos are tagged with barlow
  • 2 photos are tagged with berg
  • 2 photos are tagged with bertschi
  • 2 photos are tagged with bleiler
  • 4 photos are tagged with Cole
  • 1 photos are tagged with Collins
  • 2 photos are tagged with cress
  • 3 photos are tagged with darlisa
  • 2 photos are tagged with feller
  • 2 photos are tagged with frasier
  • 2 photos are tagged with fulda
  • 5 photos are tagged with gilmer
  • 1 photos are tagged with hansen
  • 3 photos are tagged with hoult
  • 5 photos are tagged with kreps
  • 2 photos are tagged with kuhnhausen
  • 2 photos are tagged with ladiges
  • 3 photos are tagged with leaton
  • 2 photos are tagged with parrott
  • 1 photos are tagged with patton
  • 2 photos are tagged with Restorff
  • 2 photos are tagged with schultz
  • 3 photos are tagged with shaw
  • 1 photos are tagged with smith
  • 2 photos are tagged with trenner
  • 3 photos are tagged with troh
  • 3 photos are tagged with Wellenbrock
  • 2 photos are tagged with Whitcomb-Cole
  • 2 photos are tagged with wyers
  • 2 photos are tagged with zeigler
View more information